[00:12:04] joeyperry (~joeyperry@S010684c9b2593683.wp.shawcable.net) joined #markus.
[00:20:56] joeyperry (~joeyperry@S010684c9b2593683.wp.shawcable.net) left irc: Ping timeout: 245 seconds
[00:48:54] joeyperry (~joeyperry@S010684c9b2593683.wp.shawcable.net) joined #markus.
[00:48:55] joeyperry (~joeyperry@S010684c9b2593683.wp.shawcable.net) left irc: Remote host closed the connection
[02:22:41] gerard-majax_ (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[02:34:10] gerard-majax_ (~firstname.lastname@example.org) left irc: Ping timeout: 245 seconds
[03:21:25] jerboaa (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[03:21:25] #markus: mode change '+o jerboaa' by ChanServ!ChanServ@services.
[06:40:04] brian_bo (~firstname.lastname@example.org) got netsplit.
[06:40:07] NelleV (~Nelle@unaffiliated/nellev) got netsplit.
[06:40:15] ayrus12 (ayrus12@2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:feae:ba2d) got netsplit.
[06:40:22] barns_ (~email@example.com) got netsplit.
[06:42:06] brian_bo (~firstname.lastname@example.org) returned to #markus.
[06:42:06] NelleV (~Nelle@unaffiliated/nellev) returned to #markus.
[06:42:06] ayrus12 (ayrus12@2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:feae:ba2d) returned to #markus.
[06:42:06] barns_ (~email@example.com) returned to #markus.
[06:42:06] #markus: mode change '+o NelleV ' by card.freenode.net
[08:46:39] karenreid (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[08:46:39] #markus: mode change '+o karenreid' by ChanServ!ChanServ@services.
[09:47:38] Nick change: m_conley_away -> m_conley
[11:12:16] gerard-majax_ (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[11:42:04] gerard-majax_ (~firstname.lastname@example.org) left irc: Ping timeout: 245 seconds
[11:44:39] Andrey_ (81adf326@gateway/web/freenode/ip.22.214.171.124) joined #markus.
[11:45:01] kira2 (~Adium@126.96.36.199) joined #markus.
[11:47:46] kira2 (~Adium@188.8.131.52) left irc: Client Quit
[11:50:39] jolle (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[11:54:08] oussama (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[11:54:19] <oussama> hi all
[11:54:39] kiramccoan (~Adium@184.108.40.206) joined #markus.
[11:54:59] oussama (~email@example.com) left #markus.
[11:55:11] gerard-majax_ (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[11:55:29] oussama (8064201f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.220.127.116.11) joined #markus.
[11:55:35] <oussama> hi all
[11:55:46] <kiramccoan> hey
[11:56:16] mikeing2001 (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[11:56:19] Nick change: gerard-majax_ -> lissyx
[11:56:23] <karenreid> Hi everyone
[11:56:29] <mikeing2001> hi
[11:56:53] e-morency (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[11:58:11] <karenreid> Let's get started. This group is big enough that I have a hard time telling if everyone is here :-)
[11:58:11] e-morency (~email@example.com) left irc: Read error: Connection reset by peer
[11:58:38] <karenreid> We'll start with the status reports again, and then look at other questions.
[11:58:56] <karenreid> jolle wanted to start, and then I'll go in order of the blog post.
[11:59:05] <jolle> hokee
[11:59:22] <jolle> I've been working on the remark request system, just trying to break it and document right now
[11:59:40] <karenreid> glad to hear data doesn't seem to be lost
[11:59:42] <jolle> I've got a good list of what's going on, now I'll make issues and start trying to fix what I found
[11:59:43] e-morency (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[11:59:56] <e-morency> hi
[12:00:02] <karenreid> one other thing to see if it breaks is the csv download of marks
[12:00:04] <jolle> yeah, if you refresh a couple of times and do some magic dance it appears, but I've yet to figure out why
[12:00:22] <jolle> haven't checked that, where would you download this csv from?
[12:00:35] <karenreid> the submissions view
[12:00:53] <karenreid> it is how we get marks out of MarkUs
[12:01:03] <jolle> k, I'll peek at that and make sure it's working
[12:01:18] <karenreid> thanks!
[12:01:31] <jolle> the other thing I mentioned was the marks not updating all the time
[12:01:41] <jolle> ie you click on a grade, it collapses, but the new mark doesn't appear
[12:02:06] <jolle> it eventually works if you do it a couple of times
[12:02:34] <karenreid> I'm not sure if I've seen that one before, but that may describe a complaint that I've sometimes heard.
[12:02:45] <jolle> I made an issue for it, so it's documented now
[12:02:50] <jolle> I was seeing 404 errors on the backend
[12:02:56] <karenreid> That's a strange one. Is the message just not getting sent sometimes?
[12:03:06] <karenreid> hmm, I guess not if it produces and error
[12:03:28] <karenreid> sorry, I mean the message must be getting sent, just not the right one?
[12:03:38] <karenreid> It's weird that it is intermittent
[12:03:42] <jolle> https://github.com/MarkUsProject/Markus/issues/851
[12:03:51] <mikeing2001> jolle: do you have time to look at that issue. That is a huge thing to not work correctly all the time
[12:04:18] <jolle> I'm not sure where to look to be honest, I can take a crack at it
[12:04:28] <jolle> I tried at the sprint and couldn't see the bug though
[12:04:46] <mikeing2001> if i have time this weekend i will take a look and give you a push in the right direction
[12:04:59] <jolle> that would be great!
[12:05:03] <karenreid> thanks
[12:05:18] <karenreid> okay, next up is e-morency
[12:06:43] <karenreid> or kiramccoan, if e-morency is having technical difficulties...
[12:06:43] e-morency (~email@example.com) left irc: Read error: Connection reset by peer
[12:07:01] <oussama> looks like it
[12:07:30] <kiramccoan> i refactored my change for the warnings in the assignment-> groups tab to use partials
[12:07:37] e-morency (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[12:07:41] <kiramccoan> then applied the same sort of things to graders page
[12:07:46] deredowl (~deredowl@S0106602ad0724e97.ed.shawcable.net) joined #markus.
[12:08:03] <kiramccoan> I also fixed the pagination and jump to under the marks spread sheet with mike's help
[12:08:29] <kiramccoan> Ive got a list I compiled of things that could be improved by with the marks spreadsheet page, so my next step is to tackle one of them
[12:08:36] <e-morency> sorry did you see what I wrote or....it looks like my net connection at my room isn't handling IRC very well...
[12:08:51] <kiramccoan> no couldnt see it
[12:08:53] mina (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[12:09:13] <karenreid> kiramccoan: is your list in the issues or on the blog? If not, could you please write a blog post and/or add issues to the list?
[12:09:40] <karenreid> e-morency: sorry, we didn't see what you wrote
[12:09:42] <kiramccoan> its just in an email that I sent out to the dev group, i can write it in a blog post though
[12:10:10] <oussama> karen, I am being kicked out of the lab I am in, I will be back in couple of minutes
[12:10:23] <oussama> apparently, there is a tutorial going on right now
[12:10:36] oussama (8064201f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.18.104.22.168) left irc: Quit: Page closed
[12:10:40] <e-morency> ok, like I wrote in my status report, all my midterms were this week so I didn't have time to work on Markus a lot, I did close my second issue though (a minor alignment problem on Chrome with the notes modal dialog)
[12:11:17] <e-morency> and I got an answer from Aimen regarding the user preferences issue and will continue working on them from his branch
[12:11:41] <mikeing2001> e-morency: in your status report you talk about how to pull someone branch. I will create a blog post about it
[12:11:49] <karenreid> e-morency: for the record, Aimen is female :-)
[12:12:00] <e-morency> oops sorry
[12:12:06] <e-morency> ok thanks a lot Mike
[12:12:14] <e-morency> I found some info on the net but didn't know exactly how to do it
[12:12:35] <mikeing2001> you will understand after my blog post
[12:12:38] <karenreid> e-morency: I hope your midterms went well. I look forward to hearing what you can make of the previous work that Aimen and Sean did.
[12:12:43] <karenreid> thanks mikeing2001
[12:13:07] <e-morency> I still have one tomorrow, but we'll see :P
[12:13:21] oussama (80642079@gateway/web/freenode/ip.22.214.171.124) joined #markus.
[12:13:31] <oussama> hope I didnt miss my turn
[12:13:44] <karenreid> kiramccoan: I did find the email, but I'd like to see a blog post too.
[12:13:55] <kiramccoan> yep no problem will do
[12:14:15] <karenreid> kiramccoan: sorting is a fairly high priority feature from my point of view. (I use it a lot in the submissions view)
[12:14:44] <kiramccoan> okay I can tackle that one next, I was also thinking of making a column for section so you can see which section theyre from
[12:15:13] <karenreid> adding section info is probably higher priority. :-)
[12:15:33] <kiramccoan> okay ill do that first then sorting, should take me into next week with my workload rightnow
[12:15:52] <karenreid> great!
[12:15:59] <karenreid> Andrey_: your turn
[12:16:19] <Andrey_> well I worked on issue 874
[12:16:41] <Andrey_> then I had to make few changes to my fix
[12:16:55] <Andrey_> which for some reason created issue 876
[12:17:24] <Andrey_> and when I tried do a pull request again on 874 it said that there is one already
[12:17:32] <Andrey_> so I created a new branch and pulled it
[12:17:50] <Andrey_> so we can close the pull for 874 I suppose
[12:18:22] <Andrey_> over all I'm getting into web development slowly and at the moment I can do only layout fixes
[12:18:34] <Andrey_> It will take some time before I can create new things or change things
[12:18:46] <Andrey_> I'm still learning the client side stuff
[12:18:58] <karenreid> Andrey_: if you could work with mikeing2001 to make sure the pull requests work well.
[12:19:16] <mikeing2001> ok
[12:19:18] <Andrey_> once I will be done with 874/6 I will go back to 868
[12:19:24] <Andrey_> which is the issue with the dashboard
[12:19:29] <mikeing2001> karenreid: I have a question about issue 868 for you
[12:19:45] <mikeing2001> it is about Assignments Submitted. What is meant by that
[12:19:52] <Andrey_> mike asked me to remind him something about 868
[12:20:09] <mikeing2001> currently it looks like it refers to assignment collected
[12:20:10] <karenreid> That should be just the number of groups who have submitted something.
[12:20:19] <mikeing2001> ok
[12:20:22] <karenreid> that's kind of the same thing
[12:20:23] <Andrey_> well if you collect assignments and then collect them again it just keeps incerementing
[12:20:30] <mikeing2001> well not really
[12:20:36] <karenreid> I know...
[12:20:54] <mikeing2001> because it currently shows 0/15
[12:21:04] <mikeing2001> which means 0 collected out of 15 submited
[12:21:07] <karenreid> it should be the number collected
[12:21:20] <Andrey_> yes
[12:21:23] <karenreid> because we can't start marking until it is collected.
[12:21:39] <mikeing2001> Then maybe then the wording should be changed to Assignments Collected
[12:21:39] <karenreid> hmm this is going to be an issue when we get to the auto testing stuff.
[12:22:21] <Andrey_> well it can stay submitted but the whole logic will have to change
[12:22:39] <Andrey_> it should be 15 out of how many students there are
[12:22:47] <karenreid> we could change the name. I find that I often need to explain what collected means.
[12:22:53] <Andrey_> instead fo collected out of submitted
[12:23:21] <karenreid> but it still shouldn't keep incrementing when we re-collect
[12:23:38] <Andrey_> well you have to explain that since usually you don't have to collect anything ..
[12:24:55] <Andrey_> oh also about issue 876
[12:25:05] <Andrey_> I made some changes to the fr.yml
[12:25:20] <Andrey_> and some guy was mad because I removed some of the spaces
[12:25:31] <Andrey_> now why do we need extra space before the :
[12:25:43] <e-morency> french standard I guess
[12:26:05] <Andrey_> I just matched the French version with the english version
[12:26:10] <Andrey_> is it?
[12:26:27] <e-morency> yeah I know, but in french I think there needs to be a nbsp before a :
[12:26:54] <mikeing2001> Thus we will need a .html_safe so nbsp won't show
[12:26:59] <Andrey_> plus why are we using nbsp and not just put a space there?
[12:27:02] <karenreid> Bejamin's the expert, so I'd go with his recommendation.
[12:27:16] <karenreid> *Benjamin
[12:27:39] <mikeing2001> a space will not show because of html thing
[12:28:44] <Andrey_> well the fr.yml did not have any nbsp in it at all
[12:28:45] e-morency (~firstname.lastname@example.org) left irc: Read error: Connection reset by peer
[12:29:14] <Andrey_> so I figured why have them in en.yml then
[12:29:47] <karenreid> was this because of the utf-8 encoding?
[12:30:11] e-morency (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[12:30:31] deredowl (~deredowl@S0106602ad0724e97.ed.shawcable.net) left irc: Remote host closed the connection
[12:30:33] <Andrey_> benjamin said something about utf-8
[12:30:43] <Andrey_> but I have no idea what that even means
[12:30:58] <Andrey_> something utf-8 with french
[12:31:10] <Andrey_> anyways that should be figured out after the meeting
[12:31:17] <Andrey_> I think we should keep going
[12:31:21] <Andrey_> I'm done
[12:31:23] <oussama> is a special symbol for a space
[12:31:32] <Andrey_> I'm aware
[12:31:57] <Andrey_> but html does show spaces there is no need to put it's symbol in
[12:32:25] <karenreid> utf-8 is a unicode character encoding format that is able to represent many characters that ASCII can't.
[12:32:30] <karenreid> more later...
[12:32:50] <karenreid> oussama: you are up
[12:32:53] <oussama> ok
[12:33:19] <oussama> I have ironed out the issue with my previous commit regarding issue-840
[12:33:36] <oussama> all is good now, and I didnt have to create a new pull request
[12:34:04] <oussama> currenly learning more about User Preferences and will probably cooridnate with emeric
[12:34:34] <oussama> as I do that, I am looking to for any other significant issue that need taking care of
[12:34:38] <karenreid> sounds good
[12:34:50] <e-morency> Aimen told me there was not a lot to do to make them work, so I don't know if it's really worth it
[12:35:00] <oussama> ok
[12:35:12] <mikeing2001> i think spreadsheet has a lot to do
[12:35:17] <oussama> karen/mike, any suggestions then
[12:35:18] <oussama> ?
[12:35:21] <mikeing2001> if you want to help there
[12:35:29] <oussama> not a problem, will get on it
[12:35:58] <oussama> I will be doing relatively more work towards the end of this upcoming week
[12:36:03] <karenreid> I'm sure I can find lots of other areas to work on if it turns out to be difficult to coordinate with kiramccoan
[12:36:12] <oussama> ok
[12:36:45] <karenreid> I don't see a nick that looks like Joey, so I'll move on to mikeing2001
[12:37:22] <mikeing2001> so i been working on preparing the new release. Started to read the old documentation to see where it needs updating
[12:37:32] <karenreid> (Would one of brian_bo or mina like to say something about the state of the auto testing work later?_
[12:37:48] antez (cf06d20f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.126.96.36.199) joined #markus.