[00:08:11] lissyx (~alex@2a01:240:fe3c:3:a964:1cb3:818f:b316) left irc: Ping timeout: 245 seconds
[00:09:41] mina (~email@example.com) left irc: Remote host closed the connection
[00:59:51] lissyx (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[02:18:34] lissyx (~email@example.com) left irc: Ping timeout: 245 seconds
[02:25:05] kira (~Adium@S01060026f3a6e307.vc.shawcable.net) joined #markus.
[02:25:24] kira (~Adium@S01060026f3a6e307.vc.shawcable.net) left irc: Client Quit
[03:11:13] jerboaa (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[03:11:13] #markus: mode change '+o jerboaa' by ChanServ!ChanServ@services.
[03:12:44] lissyx (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[08:30:30] karenreid (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[08:30:30] #markus: mode change '+o karenreid' by ChanServ!ChanServ@services.
[09:02:13] karenreid (~email@example.com) left irc: Quit: karenreid
[09:07:42] karenreid (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[09:07:42] #markus: mode change '+o karenreid' by ChanServ!ChanServ@services.
[09:34:34] Nick change: m_conley_away -> m_conley
[10:30:14] oussama (4ac60990@gateway/web/freenode/ip.22.214.171.124) joined #markus.
[10:44:02] oussama (4ac60990@gateway/web/freenode/ip.126.96.36.199) left irc: Ping timeout: 240 seconds
[10:57:58] oussama (~oussama@CPE0026f326d460-CM0026f326d45d.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) joined #markus.
[10:58:30] oussama (~oussama@CPE0026f326d460-CM0026f326d45d.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) left irc: Client Quit
[11:04:49] lissyx (~email@example.com) left irc: Ping timeout: 245 seconds
[11:36:13] mikeing2001 (~mikeing20@CPEb8ac6f518ff8-CM001e6b1a7196.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) joined #markus.
[11:38:20] lissyx (~alex@2a01:240:fe3c:3:f853:3f10:fd47:f699) joined #markus.
[11:55:06] emeric_morency (~firstname.lastname@example.org) joined #markus.
[11:55:27] kira1 (~Adium@188.8.131.52) joined #markus.
[11:55:39] <kira1> hello
[11:55:41] <emeric_morency> hi
[11:55:45] <mikeing2001> hi
[11:56:27] oussama (~oussama@CPE0026f326d460-CM0026f326d45d.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) joined #markus.
[11:56:47] <karenreid> Hi!
[11:56:55] <oussama> hi all
[11:58:23] <karenreid> I didn't get around to making up a final meeting list, so let's get started, and I'll try to keep track.
[11:58:24] <karenreid> I
[11:58:54] <karenreid> I think I have everyone signed up on the blog and registered on github, so let me know if something doesn't seem quite right.
[11:59:43] <karenreid> I'l be posting a list of responsibilities for minutes and collecting status reports following this meeting so that we can get that rolling.
[12:00:14] <karenreid> We had a productive meeting with the test infrastructure sub-group on Wednesday.
[12:00:45] <karenreid> with brian_bo, Bryon, Derek, Mike Margel
[12:01:10] jolle (~email@example.com) joined #markus.
[12:01:28] <karenreid> I was *really* happy with how things went at the sprint and hopefully we can buckle down and get things rolling.
[12:01:35] <karenreid> for the rest of the term.
[12:02:04] <karenreid> Let's find out how everyone's week has been going, and we then we can continue with more planning.
[12:02:28] <karenreid> brian_bo: do you want to say something briefly about the testing?
[12:03:13] Andrey_ (81adf2a6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.184.108.40.206) joined #markus.
[12:03:56] <Andrey_> Hello, Sorry for being late technical issues :P
[12:04:20] <karenreid> Thanks mikeing2001 for doing the punchlines this week!
[12:04:46] <mikeing2001> i did it all summer, i am use to doing it
[12:05:02] <karenreid> :-)
[12:05:22] <karenreid> We'll pass the duty around. :-)
[12:05:33] <karenreid> emeric_morency: why don't you start then?
[12:05:53] <karenreid> emeric_morency: I can send email to Aimen and Sean to see if they can help get you started on 689.
[12:06:32] <emeric_morency> ok that would be nice
[12:07:06] <emeric_morency> well I didn't do much this week (I'll mostly be working on Saturday/Sunday afternoon every week)
[12:07:49] <emeric_morency> lately I've been working on the alignment issue (on Chrome) in the note modal popup
[12:08:16] <emeric_morency> and I'm still waiting for an answer from Aimen and/or Sean regarding issue #689 (User Preferences)
[12:08:55] <karenreid> that sounds good. I hope Sean or Aimen will be able to help. I saw Sean yesterday, so if I see him again, I'll try to twist his arm. :-)
[12:09:06] <karenreid> mikeing2001: you are next on the list.
[12:09:08] <emeric_morency> ok thank you :)
[12:09:27] deredowl (~deredowl@S0106602ad0724e97.ed.shawcable.net) joined #markus.
[12:09:27] <karenreid> (I didn't realize the punchlines were up, so I'm still catching up on reading them.)
[12:09:49] <emeric_morency> mikeing2001 told me to check if Aimen/Sean had a branch started for the issue
[12:09:55] <emeric_morency> I tried looking for it but didn't find it
[12:09:55] <mikeing2001> why did i put my self so high up.... anyways, i am currently trying to fix up issue 745
[12:09:57] <karenreid> mikeing2001: I hear you about the hours in the day!
[12:10:28] <mikeing2001> the fix by daryn is quite messy and there are problems with it.
[12:10:54] <mikeing2001> that is pretty much all i been doing this week
[12:11:02] <mikeing2001> busy catching up with stuff
[12:11:07] <karenreid> great thanks
[12:11:37] <karenreid> hmm I don't see Ante. I'll have to double check to see when he can make meetings.
[12:12:15] <karenreid> Is jolle Joey? (that sounds weird)
[12:12:21] <jolle> Joel!
[12:12:41] <karenreid> thanks
[12:13:00] <jolle> :)
[12:13:06] <karenreid> Andrey_: that means you are next. sorry to hear about your flight!
[12:13:41] <Andrey_> yeah so I pretty much lost a day XD
[12:13:59] <Andrey_> I didn't get to look at markus this week\
[12:14:02] <Andrey_> lots of things due
[12:14:23] <Andrey_> I will be working today on issue 874
[12:14:33] <karenreid> sounds good.
[12:14:36] <Andrey_> suggested to me by miek
[12:14:38] <Andrey_> mike
[12:14:46] <karenreid> that's definitely a good one to fix
[12:14:51] <karenreid> kira1: your turn
[12:16:40] <mikeing2001> Andrey_, post a comment on issue 874 that you will be working on it so no one else does it
[12:16:41] <kira1> i put in a pull request for issue 271. I didnt carefully read through it before commiting so mike has been pointing out a couple code issues on his code review. Ive pushed up my fixes for them. I also took on issue 51 but im not really sure its an issue. I would like to talk to someone about it perhaps afterwards. If anyone has a good (easy/moderate) fix they know of ill take it on
[12:18:11] <karenreid> kira1: what's the issue number for the second one? I can't find 51
[12:18:30] <kira1> sorry i meant 53
[12:19:38] <mikeing2001> kira1, i don't think this issue exists anymore.
[12:19:56] <kira1> it does, the highlight doesnt come off
[12:20:02] <kira1> but i think that is the correct behavoir
[12:20:13] <mikeing2001> ok, i may be thinking of something else then
[12:20:16] <kira1> because then they can click multiple annotations if they want
[12:20:43] <kira1> if you take the highlight off then they can only click one predefined annotation and then they have to re highlight everything again to put on another on
[12:20:51] <kira1> (how frustrating would that be?)
[12:21:20] <kira1> what do you guys thing?
[12:21:24] <kira1> think*
[12:21:26] <karenreid> except if the common case is to add only one annotation it is a separate click.
[12:21:36] <kira1> yeah true
[12:21:36] <karenreid> I think it is low enough priority that I'm inclined to just close it.
[12:21:48] <kira1> okay ill close it, and find another one
[12:22:19] <karenreid> sounds good
[12:22:47] <karenreid> oussama: your turn
[12:24:18] <oussama> After having fixed issue 840 and made a pull request, some unwanted changes were somehow made in "development.erb" file and pushed as well
[12:24:45] <kira1> i dont think i have access to close issues
[12:25:01] <oussama> I still need to revert those changes, I am also looking for an issue to work on
[12:25:27] <oussama> I doing more work over the weekend, meanwhile I am learning more and more about the Markus codebase
[12:25:47] <karenreid> kira1: closed it
[12:25:51] <oussama> and that's pretty much it
[12:25:54] <karenreid> thanks oussama
[12:26:07] <karenreid> jolle: your turn
[12:26:09] <kira1> (thanks)
[12:26:42] <mikeing2001> karenreid, can you close issue 873, it is a duplicate of 872. Github created 2 issues for the same thing
[12:27:23] <jolle> I had a few extra days in Toronto, haven't got back to markus yet
[12:27:34] <jolle> I'm going to do some bug hunting this weekend!
[12:27:48] <karenreid> :-)
[12:28:01] <karenreid> I hope you had fun in Toronto
[12:28:06] <jolle> I did!
[12:28:18] <jolle> what an excellent city, and I caught the leaves changing
[12:28:27] <jolle> my first time there; it left a good impression
[12:28:47] <karenreid> :-)
[12:29:04] <deredowl> same, spent Sunday night in a hostel on College St! Super cool area.
[12:29:51] <karenreid> I love living in Toronto (and I grew up in Saskatoon), so I'm happy to hear it made a good impression.
[12:30:15] <karenreid> Okay, I think we heard from everyone
[12:30:21] <karenreid> Thanks! That was really fast.
[12:30:44] <karenreid> I'd like to keep working on bugs, but I think it is time to start looking at bigger issues too.
[12:30:59] <karenreid> On the board at the sprint I had
[12:31:14] <karenreid> - test infrastructure (which is well on its way)
[12:31:19] <karenreid> - remark request system
[12:31:28] <karenreid> - enhancements to the marks spreadsheet
[12:31:32] <karenreid> - user preferences
[12:31:38] <karenreid> Did I forget one?
[12:31:46] <oussama> grading...
[12:32:35] <karenreid> mikeing2001 signed on to work on the release engineering aspects of rolling out a new version.
[12:33:21] <mikeing2001> yes i agreed to that didn't i
[12:33:30] <mikeing2001> :D
[12:33:50] <jolle> I could join the remark request crew, although I'm not quite sure where to start
[12:33:55] <karenreid> mikeing2001: if you haven't already it would be worth sending a note to jerboaa and asking if he has some suggestions about what the major issues will be. I think we will need to test out installation procedures and documentation on clean installations, so we should talk about where you can do that most easily
[12:34:25] <mikeing2001> sure
[12:34:33] <mikeing2001> will do
[12:34:40] <karenreid> jolle: the first steps with the remark request system would be to play around with it to see how many different ways you can break itl
[12:35:01] <jolle> I'm good at breaking things :D
[12:35:08] <jolle> sounds good
[12:35:11] <karenreid> The biggest problem with the request system is that we were losing the original marks if the instructor opened
[12:35:26] <karenreid> the remark request for a student, and the navigated away from it before handling it.
[12:35:38] <karenreid> I'm not sure if there is a bug filed for that.
[12:35:45] <jolle> no issue?
[12:35:49] <jolle> Ill look
[12:35:54] <jolle> if i cant find one ill make it
[12:36:19] <karenreid> I'm going to have to take another run at testing it myself to remember what some of the other issues were.
[12:36:32] <karenreid> but there were definitely a few things that need rethinking.
[12:37:18] <jolle> that sounds good for me, im set
[12:37:23] <kira1> where can i start with the marking spreadsheet?
[12:37:27] <karenreid> especially in terms of how to see the original marks. It became clear as we were using it that we will have to save the original marks.
[12:37:59] <karenreid> kira1: the first thing I would look into would be assigning graders to the groups
[12:38:12] <karenreid> I don't know of any major issues with the spreadsheet
[12:38:35] <karenreid> another issue with the spreadsheet would be to look at how it handles sections. It would be nice to see only the students from one section.
[12:38:43] <karenreid> or at least sort by section
[12:39:13] <kira1> okay cool, do you know of any open issues or should i just dive right in and see what i can break as well/needs improvement?
[12:40:03] <karenreid> hmm doesn't look like we have an issue for what I just described. :-( (my fault)
[12:40:24] <kira1> no big deal i shall look around and start logging things to work on for myself
[12:40:49] <karenreid> kira1: sounds good
[12:41:25] <karenreid> kira1: Thanks for the blog post too! I'll post it on the UCOSP blog this afternoon
[12:41:35] <mikeing2001> issue 851 will be a challenging one if anyone is up for it
[12:42:03] <oussama> Karen, I have yet to decide what part of the system to focus on, within the next couple of days I should be able to figure that out
[12:42:16] <deredowl> brian_bo, you there?
[12:43:00] <karenreid> Andrey_: would you like to join one of the three groups that are just getting started on these issues?
[12:43:21] <mikeing2001> deredowl, it's lunch time, i don't think brian_bo is there
[12:43:44] <Andrey_> hmm at the moment I would like to at least figure out the two issues I signed up for
[12:44:01] <emeric_morency> karenreid: like you already know, I'll be working on the user preferences
[12:44:02] <karenreid> Andrey_: that sounds good to me. I just don't want you to feel like you are stuck working on your own.
[12:44:07] <deredowl> Andrey_: Also, that issue 860 we worked on needs some fixing. You can start with that if you'd like. Then I am free to go to Testing stuff
[12:44:21] <karenreid> emeric_morency: thanks I did have that on my list.
[12:44:34] <karenreid> oussama: thanks
[12:44:45] <karenreid> Did I miss anyone? (other than Ante and Joey)
[12:45:35] <karenreid> This is such a big group that I have a hard time keeping track in my head, so although I'm writing things down as I go, please jump in if I ever seem like I might leave you out.
[12:45:58] <karenreid> Any other business?
[12:47:41] <karenreid> It's hard to believe with this many people we can finish a meeting in less than an hour, but let's call it, and if you have other questions or want to talk about other things, I'll be hanging around for a while.
[12:50:52] <jolle> hokee, talk to you all next week!
[12:50:58] jolle (~firstname.lastname@example.org) left #markus ("Leaving").
[12:51:03] <kira1> bye guys!
[12:51:07] kira1 (~Adium@220.127.116.11) left irc: Quit: Leaving.
[12:51:08] <emeric_morency> Thanks, I have another meeting @ 1 PM, so have a nice weekend everyone, see you next week for the meeting
[12:51:13] emeric_morency (~email@example.com) left irc: Quit: Leaving
[12:51:29] <oussama> talk to you all next week!
[12:51:34] oussama (~oussama@CPE0026f326d460-CM0026f326d45d.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) left irc: Quit: Leaving
[12:51:44] <Andrey_> BB
[12:51:50] Andrey_ (81adf2a6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.18.104.22.168) left irc: Quit: Page closed
[12:52:02] <jerboaa> mikeing2001, karenreid: Main things prior releasing a Rails 3.0.x based MarkUs will be installation doc
[12:52:11] <jerboaa> lot's of things changed
[12:58:12] joeyperry (~joeyperry@S010684c9b2593683.wp.shawcable.net) joined #markus.
[12:59:38] <joeyperry> sorry I'm late
[12:59:50] <joeyperry> bad bus schedules and snow :\
[12:59:56] <joeyperry> just catching up on the log
[13:00:00] <mikeing2001> joeyperry, SNOW
[13:00:13] <karenreid> hi joeyperry
[13:00:36] <karenreid> down south here, we can hardly imagine snow
[13:00:52] <mikeing2001> jerboaa, do you know how out of date it is
[13:00:57] <karenreid> at this time of year
[13:01:25] <karenreid> joeyperry: we wrapped up the meeting a bit early
[13:01:35] <joeyperry> yeah I noticed
[13:01:50] <joeyperry> my class doen't end until 12:20 your time, but usually I can whip home in 5 minutes by bike
[13:01:50] <karenreid> the one thing, other than status reports that we talked about was what to start working on next